1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 Tablespoons ground flaxmeal
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon honey
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, flaxmeal, and peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Add vanilla extract, honey, and egg. Mix well.
4. Next add baking soda and add oatmeal. (If dough is not sticking together, add up to 1 Tablespoon of milk.)
5. Stir in walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apricots, and chocolate chips.
6. Prepare a baking sheet by lightly greasing it or by covering it with parchment paper.
7. Use a large ice cream scoop or a ½ cup measuring cup to portion out the dough for the cookies. A regular baking sheet will accommodate six cookies at a time.
8. Use your palm or the bottom of a measuring cup to slightly flatten the mounds of cookie dough.
9. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. The centers of the cookies will still be soft, edges will be set and will turn slightly golden.
10. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Makes 12 large cookies.